With SFERA-III, benefit from free access to top research infrastructures in Concentrated Solar Thermal power across Europe!
The 4th SFERA-III access campaign opened on 1 November 2021. This call for projects provides free access to 22 installations of 12 state-of-art research infrastructures, including the National Laboratory of Energy and Geology (LNEG), in Concentrated Solar Thermal Power in 8 countries:
- CYPRUS: The Cyprus Institute
- FRANCE: PROMES-CNRS | CEA – ESTHER
- GERMANY: DLR | Fraunhofer ISE
- ITALY: ENEA
- PORTUGAL: University of Evora | LNEG
- SPAIN: PSA-CIEMAT | IMDEA
- SWITZERLAND : ETH Zurich
- TURKEY : METU/ODAK
The campaign offers access to a wide spectrum of experiments such as:
- Solar thermal electricity generation
- Solar fuels production
- Cycles for chemical storage of solar energy
- Solar water treatment
- Solar heating and cooling of buildings to improve energy efficiency
- Modelling and controlling of concentrating solar technologies for power plants and for industrial processes
- High value material synthesis and/or coatings deposits
- High-flux photochemistry and photo-physics
- Characterisation of materials behaviour and properties under extreme conditions
The 4th SFERA-III campaign is open until 31 January 2022. The selected projects will benefit from 1 to 4 weeks of free access to the chosen facilities for a team of up to 2 persons. Moreover, travel, accommodation and subsistence costs are reimbursed by the projects budget.
Check the call conditions and apply HERE.
The most relevant dates can be found HERE.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, SFERA-III cannot guarantee that all its services will be performed. In exceptional situations, consortium partners are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate an access or activity without prior notice and without any refunds or compensation for the damage suffered by the Users. Users are therefore recommended to take out appropriate insurance. You can follow the latest information on the EU Member States restriction of free movement at https://reopen.europa.eu/en