The Laboratory of Materials and Coatings (LMR) of LNEG is a specialized center in the fields of corrosion, degradation and anticorrosive protection of materials.
Within the natural and artificial aging of materials and coatings, the following tests can be carried out:
- Natural exposure*
- Corrosivity of atmospheres – Classification, determination and estimation *
- Determination of resistance to water and other liquids*
- Determination of resistance to artificial seawater*
- Determination of resistance to cathodic delamination *
- Determination of resistance to exposure in a chamber with Xenon arc*
- Determination of resistance to humid atmospheres containing different polluting gases (SO2 and / or NO2) *
- Determination of resistance to humidity and temperature *
- Determination of resistance to cyclic corrosion conditions *
- Neutral salt spray test (NSS)
- Acetic acid salt spray test (AASS)*
- Copper-acetic acid salt spray test (CASS)*
- UV resistance and condensation test*
- Resistance to humidity and drying cycles *
- Thermal shock test *
* Test not included in the scope of accreditation.
Cost upon request
Deadlines for the service
- To carry out tests the time limit for submission of a quotation is 24 to 96 hours after request, depending on its extend/complexity;
- Tests are initiated after acceptance of quotation and reception of samples or as agreed between parts;
- The report is issued 10 days after the end of the tests. This period may be extended depending on the number of samples tested as well as on the number of tests carried out.