The Laboratory of Materials and Coatings (LMR) of LNEG is a specialized center in the fields of corrosion, degradation and anticorrosive protection of materials.
Within the scope of paints and related products, several tests are performed:
- Sampling *
- Examination and preparation of test samples *
- Separation of pigments and non-volatile vehicle for testing *
- Film preparation for chemical analysis *
- Determination of pigment content *
- Non-volatile vehicle determination* / Determination of binder content *
- Determination of volatile matter content *
- Determination of non-volatile matter content *
- Determination of percentage volume of non-volatile matter by measuring the density of a dried coating *
- Determination of zinc content in the pigment or in the dry film *
- Determination of micaceous iron oxide (MIO) content in the pigment or in the dry film *
- Determination of density *
- Determination of pH (water based paint) *
- Determination of Flash point by Pensky-Martens closed cup test *
- Determination of Drying time *
- Evaluation of Sag resistance *
- Determination of “Brookfield” viscosity *
- Determination of “Stormer” viscosity *
* Test not included in the scope of accreditation.
Cost upon request.
Deadlines for the service
- To carry out tests the time limit for submission of a quotation is 24 to 96 hours after request, depending on its extend/complexity;
- Tests are initiated after acceptance of quotation and reception of samples or as agreed between parts;
- The report is issued 10 days after the end of the tests. This period may be extended depending on the number of samples tested as well as on the number of tests carried out.