LNEG offers specific equipment and technical-scientific knowledge for the achievement of coastal geology services which can be found here.
Coastal geology services
- Characterization of geology, geomorphology and forcing processes in coastal areas;
- Granulometric characterization of sediments and quantification of changes in the coastline.
Georeferencing of aerial photos
- The digitalization and georeferencing of historical aerial photographs from the coastal zone is imperative for its use in geographic information systems as well as for a quantitative analysis of the selected variables;
- LNEG has extensive experience of georeferencing images in coastal beach and dune environments, where landmarks are scarce.
Morphology characterization and monitoring of changes in coastal areas using differential GPS and fixed-wing drone, with RTK
- Creation of high-resolution digital terrain models of coastal areas using differential GPS and drone;
- Characterization of dune environment and morphology; Hazard determination due to coastal erosion;
- Quantification of changes in the coastal zone – Erosion and accretion; Dune evolution monitoring.
Deadlines for the service provision
Variable, given upon response to client.
Price on request.