LNEG has extensive knowledge of the geology of Portugal and experienced teams of geologists that allow it to offer a variety of services to public and private institutions, policy makers and the general public. The services provided apply to areas as diverse as land use planning and management, support for public policy development, licensing of resource exploration areas, knowledge of the sub-soil for construction purposes, among others.
The services provided are varied, subject to budget. The main themes of the services developed have been:
- Geological studies and field mapping surveys at various scales;
- Thematic geological mapping (geological hazard, fracturing, applied to the exploration of Geological resources, lithological and geological heritage);
- High resolution stratigraphy;
- Geological sections study based on mapping data and drill hole logging;
- Inventory, characterization and assessment of geological heritage.