LNEG’s Resource Economics Unit is crosscutting the Energy and Geology areas of LNEG. It develops I&D&D activities and decision-support for both public policy makers and the private sector on energy and geology resource economics, towards carbon neutrality and sustainable resource exploitation and use.
The unit applies techno-economic & social analytical approaches in the fields of:
- Sustainable energy systems;
- Resource use for energy production and consumption;
- Classification of national geological deposits and energy resources in a global economy;
- Economic and social impact of the energy transition;
- Circular economy, including design of products, services, systems and business models; and
- Sustainable and circular public procurement.